Sunday, November 14, 2010

life on interNET-u dunno wen u get entwined into dis....

About two years ago, I bought my own computer for the first time. The Internet was really new to me, and I knew hardly anything about it. But as time passed, and with each passing day, I learnt more and more about it, and pretty soon, I could find my way around websites, chat rooms, etc. But even then, there were only a few websites that I visited and knew about. I still don’t know why I never used search engines. Was it because I was lazy? Or was it just because I thought they never produced any good results? That, I really don’t know. 

Anyways, a website that I went to everyday, the one, in time, that made me so addicted I would loose tremendous amounts of sleep over it, was the Yahoo chat website. There  I would always hang out with my online buddies. I had a whole bunch of friends, from around all over the globe. One thing that I enjoyed was the lying part. Online, you could pretend to be whomever you want, wherever you want to be from and all that. 
But I was never looking for love or a soul mate on the net. There were many guys that hit on me, but I never paid attention to any of them. I chatted just for the hell of it. Because it was fun. Because it was a good way to pass time. In time, I grew so attached to my cyber life; I didn’t have a real life anymore. I stopped going out to places, spending the time instead online, chatting with my buddies. Sometimes, if I even did go out, I’d rush back home as early as I could, impatient to get online and talk to my friends. Everyday I’d be meeting all these new people and I’d get so excited. Now, when I look back at that time, I laugh heartily to myself. At least I have a little bit of life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment